The grant applies to:
- House and land packages
- Renovation of existing home
- Knock down and rebuild
- Purchase of off-the-plan apartments and home.
HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home
buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially
renovate an existing home.
The contract, to build or renovate, must be signed between 4 June
2020 and 31 December 2020
Information how you to access HomeBuilder will become available
through the relevant State or Territory revenue office.
To access HomeBuilder, owner-occupiers must meet the following
- You are a natural person (not a company or trust);
- You are aged 18 years or older;
- You are an Australian citizen;
- You meet one of the following two income caps:
- $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or
- $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
- You enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either:
- build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000; or
- substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property does not exceed $1.5 million;
- Construction must commence within three months of the contract date
Here is a link to the relevant site with additional